Welcome to the sport of Triathlon! Many people enter their first triathlon to cross it off their bucket list only to find that they had more fun than they could have imagined. They are quickly hooked and in just a few months are in the best shape of their lives! We are honored that you have chosen to take the first step with us!
We have an entire site dedicated to first timers at www.doatriathlon.com. There you’ll find all of the information you need to go from couch potato to Triathlete. Other things that you might consider doing as you prepare for your first triathlon are:
- Subscribe to the Multirace.com newsletter (see link at bottom of this page). This weekly update has the latest information about all things Multirace (events, clubs, coaches, informative articles, etc.)
- Volunteer at a Multirace.com triathlon. You’ll get to see how things operate. This will eliminate a lot of confusion at your first event.
- Attend one of our pre-race clinics. Every Multirace.com event has a clinic the day before led by an experienced coach. This clinic will give you information about the event the next day, but also lots of general information about racing triathlon. The clinics are FREE and you don’t have to even be registered for that particular race to attend. You may even get some free swag just for attending!
- Join a triathlon club. Here you’ll make lots of new friends who are eager to train with you and teach you everything you need to know about triathlon. See a list of clubs at the bottom of all Multirace.com newsletters.
- Hire a coach. While many people successfully train themselves for triathlon, if you want to get optimal results, a coach with degrees, certification, and experience will give you the best results every time.
- Have fun and we’ll see you at the starting line!